Our Quinta can easily be reached by car or public transportation. We are located just 6 km away from the A25 motorway (Aveiro-Spain), within walking distance of the picturesque Vila Franca da Serra (Gouveia). We are located in the middle of nature, and have a 360* view on nature!
Quinta da Estrela is a 1,5-hour drive from Porto Airport. There are many airlines who fly daily to Porto: http://www.flytap.com, http://www.britishairways.com, http://www.ryanair.com,... You can hire a car from several car rental companies at the airport or bigger cities. We recommend: http://sunnycars.com
Departure: Aeroporto Francisco Sa Carneiro, Rua da Estação, 4470-558 Maia (Porto), Portugal.
- At the airport, follow porto/Matosinhos, and merge onto the A28.
- Take the exit A28/IC23 Gaia/A1/Espinho.
- Continue onto A1/IC1 Lisboa/Gaia/Espinho.
- Merge onto A1 (toll).
- After about 45 km take the exit Viseu/Aveiro. Do not miss this one!
- Merge onto the A25 towards Viseu (toll).
- Take exit 24: Gouveia/Fornos de Algodres/Aquiar da Beira.
- Go straight across the roundabout towards Gouveia.
- At the second roundabout take the first exit N16, direction Gouveia.
- Follow the road to the next roundabout and again take the first exit towards Gouveia.
- Drive over the bridge (Ponte Juncais) and turn right.
- Follow the path and you will arrive in the center of Vila Franca da Serra.
- Follow the signs: Quinta da Estrela.
Our Quinta is located just 6 km from the highway A25 (Aveiro-Spain) and can easily reached. After arriving in Vila Franca da Serra, you follow the signs: Quinta da Estrela. More information: http://maps.google.com (Quinta da Estrela, Vila Franca da Serra, Portugal).
For those who want to shorten the journey from the U.K., there is the opportunity to do so by ferry. This can be attractive when you weigh all the costs together (tolls, fuel and accommodation). More information: http://www.brittenyferries.com
There are daily buses with airco from all major cities in our region. From the airport in Porto you can go by bus to the bus station in the center of Porto. More information: http://www.transdev.pt/aeroportoporto. You can also reach the bus station by metro: http://www.metrodoporto.pt. At the busstation in Porto (Terminal Rodoviário, Campo 24 de Agosto) you can take the bus to Gouveia. If you give us a call, we pick you up there with pleasure. More information about buses in Portugal: http://www.rede-expressos.pt.
Our Quinta is located at 3 km from the station: Gare Fornos de Algodres. Here, trains stop and depart daily to and from Porto, Aveiro, Coimbra and Lissabon. More information: http://www.cp.pt (departing from Porto, choose Porto Campanha). Give us a call and we'll be glad to pick you up at the station of Fornos de Algodres.